The Other Side Of Potential
Episode 185: Eliminating Aggression with Dr. Sharon Spano
April 06, 2022
I’m seeing more and more aggression in our society. Issues that are coming up in the sessions I am having with my clients, combined with the incident which took place at the Oscars between Will Smith and Chris Rock, have prompted me to speak out on this topic.
In today’s episode, I’m going to be sharing my thoughts on the driving forces behind the slap which reverberated across the world, and why I believe that an act like this has far-reaching negative implications.
We need to put an end to the violence that is rife in the world, and we all have a part to play in reaching that goal.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The Oscar moment which inspired the theme of today’s episode.
- What we can learn about intention from the act of aggression and its aftermath that took place at the Oscars.
- My thoughts on Will Smith’s handling of the incident later in the evening.
- Ramifications of an aggressive first person perspective.
- How Jada Pinkett-Smith has approached her recent diagnosis of Alopecia.
- The increase in aggression in relationships that I am seeing with my clients.
- Other examples of the aggression that is becoming pervasive in our society.
- Why I think Will Smith’s reaction to Chris Rock’s comment was more harmful than the comment itself.
- My approach to dealing with insensitive comments towards my son when he was alive.