Arvind Jain, CEO of Glean, Rubrik co-founder, and Google Distinguished Engineer, discusses the future of enterprise search
February 20, 2023
Arvind Jain, Glean CEO and Rubrik co-founder, started Glean in March 2019 to make it easier to find answers strewn across myriad SaaS apps. Prior to Glean, Arvind had an incredible run at data security company Rubrik which he co-founded in 2014. Prior to Rubrik Arvind was a distinguished engineer at Google. Glean became a unicorn last year having raised $100M in May from a list of iconic investors including Lightspeed, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins, and Sequoia.
Enterprise search is one of the best examples of a field that was in desperate need of disruption. In this episode, we meet one of the disruptors.
Listen and learn...
- Where there's a gap in traditional search technology including Google
- How to retrieve the best answers across hundreds of SaaS apps
- How to understand what users need even when they don't know the right way to ask for it
- How to use LLMs like ChatGPT to improve search accuracy
- How products like Alexa and Siri are teaching us to ask questions using natural language rather than searching with keywords
- How to personalize enterprise search without improperly using user data
- What is the future of knowledge management
References in this episode...