Navindra Yadav, CEO and Founder of Theom, discusses how AI is used to prevent data breaches
March 13, 2023
Navindra Yadav is the co-founder and CEO of Theom, the cloud data security leader. He and the team recently raised a $16M series A from an impressive group of investors including Microsoft’s M12 venture fund and Ridge Ventures. Prior to Theom, Navindra was the founder and CEO at Tetration and prior to that he was a distinguished engineer at Cisco. Navindra’s work has received more than 182 patents.
For full disclosure, Dan is an investor in Theom. Thanks to Patty Hatter, great former guest, for introducing us to Navindra.
Listen and learn...
- What CISOs least understand about the security of enterprise data
- Why CASBs (Cloud Access Security Brokers) are inherently vulnerable
- The hardest technical problem Theom has solved
- How to assign a “criticality score” to data
- How to use NLP (natural language processing) to detect PII (personally identifiable information)
- How to protect from unauthorized data access through social engineering
- Why data stores like Snowflake, Databricks, and Confluent don’t already monitor data inappropriately leaving their platforms?
- When consumers will be able to trust that data they provide SaaS vendors is secure.
- The security startup Navindra and Dan are ready to fund!
References in this episode…