RECORDED BEFORE THE CURRENT SANITARY CRISIS
Major brands regularly experience crises and make the news for alleged fundamental rights violations or similar breaches with high social stakes. Think racial discrimination, privacy and data breaches, sexual harassment at the workplace, or even life-threatening health hazards such as food poisoning.
This episode sheds light on brand crisis management, the impact of such crises on brand value and intellectual property assets, as well as the solutions and good practices of proactive and remediation plans.
Our guest, Shep Hyken, is Chief Amazement Officer at Shepard Presentations, St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Mr. Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, best-selling business author, and regular contributor to the Leadership Strategy section at Forbes.com. He explains and illustrates the spectrum of brand crises and the different ways—good and bad—to handle them!
Every two weeks, on Tuesday, Brand & New gives the floor to inspiring individuals, with a 360-degree vision, to help brand owners, intellectual property lawyers, and marketing and finance professionals (and beyond!) stay curious and agile in an ever-evolving business environment.
Brand & New is a production of the International Trademark Association
Hosted by Audrey Dauvet - Contribution of M. Halle & S. Lagedamond - Music by JD Beats
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT INTA.ORG
To go further:
About Shep Hyken (link to https://www.linkedin.com/in/shephyken/ and https://hyken.com)
Also of interest:
- INTA 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting: Track—Managing Your Brand in Times of Crisis (link to: https://www.inta.org/inta-events/education-tracks/)
- INTA Bulletin: “Don’t Go Dark: An Interview with Edelman’s Jennifer Cohan on Brand Response to COVID-19” (link to: https://www.inta.org/perspectives/dont-go-dark-do-not-stand-on-the-sideline-an-interview-with-edelmans-jennifer-cohan-on-brand-response-to-covid-19/)
- INTA News: The Effect of a Data Breach on Brand Value (link to https://www.inta.org/data-protection-committee-update-the-effect-of-a-data-breach-on-brand-value/)
- INTA's Recommendations to Enhance Brand Value Through Data Protection (link to https://www.inta.org/Advocacy/Documents/2018/Recommendations%20to%20Enhance%20Brand%20Value%20Through%20Data%20Protection.pdf)
- Blog about crisis management (link to https://brandfolder.com/blog/crisis-management)